It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there any way to increase the frequency of the public group sync job for Rational Asset Manager?

Chris Ratcliffe (2633330) | asked Jun 19 '14, 12:53 a.m.
I think this currently happens only once a day by default.  Can that be increased in any way, including a direct update to backend files or databases?  I know there is a button in the admin GUI that allows this to be forced, but I don't see any exposed API that allows that to be done outside of the GUI?  Is this possible?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Bryan Song (761) | answered Jun 23 '14, 9:54 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Chris,

You can go to administration -> configuration -> Job Schedules, and there's an option is to set "User/group information update schedule:", and you can customize the time according as you need, but you need to be RAM repository administrator to do so...

Hope this could help...

Bryan

RAM development
Chris Ratcliffe selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Chris Ratcliffe commented Jun 24 '14, 10:10 a.m.

Thank you Bryan.  Are there any performance issues I should worry about if I should change that job to run every say 10 or 20 minutes?  Is there a way to check to see how long the job takes, for example in the ramDebug.log file?  Thanks.

One other answer

permanent link
Bryan Song (761) | answered Jun 24 '14, 8:38 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 HI Chirs,

Your are right, the performance issue is something we need to worry about. You can set to 10 or 20 minutes and see whether this will bring some drastic performance issue to RAM, perhaps there will be some drastic change if you are using binding to a very big user repository to RAM. Not sure whether this in which log, I have seen the user group binding info in ram support log but not ramDebug log, but this does not mean the group sync info will not been listed in ramDebug.log, perhaps in some other place I did not see...

Bryan

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.