It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Rhapsody DM 4.0 - Move to Design Manager option not functioning properly

Mike Ballard (681610) | asked Sep 25 '12, 5:20 p.m.
After installing the Design Manager Server 4.0 into our existing CLM 4.0 server, the /dm application is working.  I have set up a project area, and configured it with the project links as well as the project "Configure Space".  I have also installed Rhapsody 8.0 with the DM client extension. 

When I open up my Rhapsody 7.6.1 project file, and attempt to "Move to Design Manager", the pop-up is presented.  I enter the Server URL and it prompts me for a user name and password.  It logs into the server, but does not provide the Project in the "Project Area" drop down list.  How do I fix this so that I can upload my project to the DM server and begin using the DM server for Rhapsody model management & versioning?

Thanks,
Mike

Accepted answer

permanent link
Mike Ballard (681610) | answered Oct 02 '12, 12:44 p.m.
The answer ended-up being that in addition to the domains I previously listed, the Rhapsody UML Domain must also be included in the project properties.
Daniel Leroux selected this answer as the correct answer

3 other answers

permanent link
Joanne Scouler (1112) | answered Sep 26 '12, 11:35 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
In order for the Project area to show up you need to configure the space with the project area to be Actively Managed. This is done in domains where you select how the project will manage the data. You can select externally managed with the import definition or actively managed with Design manager.  This can only be done once, you can't change it once you have configured the space.

Comments
Joanne Scouler commented Sep 26 '12, 12:00 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

You can create a new workspace for your project area and configure it as actively managed. Then that should show up in the project area drop down list.

Mike Ballard commented Sep 26 '12, 12:22 p.m.

Joanne,

Thanks for the thought, but I already had the project configured to be actively managed. I have also selected the following Domains and Versions.

Documentation System Domain - [System Defined] Documentation Domains (0.1) Rhapsody SysML Domain - [System Defined] Rational Rhapsody Domains (0.1) Rhapsody UPDM 20 Domain - [System Defined] Rational Rhapsody Domains (0.1) Rhapsody UPDM L1 Domain - [System Defined] Rational Rhapsody Domains (0.1)

permanent link
Joanne Scouler (1112) | answered Oct 02 '12, 1:47 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Right - I looked at the list you posted but I didn't know it was a UML pjt and seemed you had most of the domains covered.

permanent link
David Hirsch (1162) | answered Oct 14 '12, 12:45 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Actually selecting the Rhapsody UML Domain is enough. All other domains will be automatically associated when needed.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.