It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

DM 4.0 M8: Problem importing from RSA

Petter von Dolwitz (561812) | asked Jun 04 '12, 9:34 a.m.
Hi,

I'm trying to upload a UML model from RSA to Design Manager (i.e. invoking 'Upload to Server' on a model project node in RSA). The import status page in the DM web GUI gives me the following error:

412 (ERROR) :The operation can not be completed. The project area is missing dependency to "[System Defined] RSA Domains" project area. Please contact system administrator.

I created my own project area that I set to be actively managed by Design Manager. What type of dependency is missing here?

Thanks,
Petter

Accepted answer

permanent link
W Diu (58026) | answered Jun 04 '12, 10:15 a.m.
Here's how to add the dependency.

1. Choose Manage Project Properties at the top left.
  2. Click Domains in the left (under Modeling).
  3. Check the relevant RSA domains and press Save.  You'll be prompted to set dependencies.
  4. In the Dependencies (third from the left), click Add Configurations.
  5. Check the RSA dependency and press Add Selected.
  6. In the Dependencies, you'll see the [System Defined] RSA Domains dependency.  Press the Save button.
Petter von Dolwitz selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Randy Haven commented May 20 '13, 8:53 a.m.

I'm on 4.0.2.   I do not see RSA Domains in the list.   Does this imply the server installation is at fault?  [System Defined] RSA Domains.   Please advise / update for v 4.0.2

One other answer

permanent link
Petter von Dolwitz (561812) | answered Jun 04 '12, 3:49 p.m.
Great! That solved it.

Thanks,
Petter

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.