It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Issue with adding editable attributes to Artifact Type

Upendra Acharya (144) | asked Sep 23 '12, 10:35 a.m.

I created Artifact Type with 4 attributes(some string and some boolean) and created few artifacts with this type.

Later I added few more attributes(integer) to the same Artifact Type. I get a view of added attributes in all screens and I can view them by changing column display properties. However if I create more artifacts with this artifact type(i.e. after adding additional attributes), I can edit only original attributes but not additional attributes which were added later.

I tried it in editor also and in columns also but only original attributes are editable not newly added attributes.

Is there a limitation that attributes can not be added to artifact type later on?

3 answers

permanent link
Erwin Kunz (94686986) | answered Sep 24 '12, 2:16 a.m.
edited Sep 24 '12, 2:17 a.m.

Hi,

I had a similar issue and if I remember correctly , it was because of the used ID.

I created an attribute with com.xxx.yyy.zzz.myattribute and was not able to edit it.
I then changed the id to myattribute and it worked.

But before that ensure that you have all the cach issues eliminated.

1) go to Modify this project area
2) add space or whatever in the description
3) save
==> this forces the Web Client to reload the Project Process

have also a look at

https://jazz.net/library/article/529

hope this helps

erwin

permanent link
Upendra Acharya (144) | answered Sep 24 '12, 10:06 a.m.

Thanks Erwin.

However its bit different in my case. The artifact was showing new attributes but they were not editable. But today I can edit all the attributes and not facing the issue. this sounds quite weird though.

I am finding this tool very amazing :)

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Sep 24 '12, 10:13 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
If you add attributes they are only available in work items created after they have been added. You need to "Synchronize Attributes" to make the new attributes available to older work items. See https://jazz.net/library/article/529 .

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.