It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Commenting on artifacts in a Document Review

Stephen Valliere (231218) | asked Jun 24 '14, 2:59 p.m.
 It seems the only way to allow users to comment on any artifacts in a document review is to add all of the artifacts individually to the review. If only the module artifact is under review, the "Add Comment" button is disabled for each individual artifact. What is the point of that? Users can only review artifacts and provide all of their comments at the module level, or they add all artifacts to the review and review them one at a time OUT OF CONTEXT!? Am I missing something? Is there a setting we can enable to turn comments on when reviews are in process?

Any help here would be great.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Mike Jaworski (1.4k6) | answered Jun 24 '14, 3:18 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hi Stephen,

We have had a few customers complain about this missing functionality, and there is currently an open RFE (request for enhancement) for this functionality. I see that this was deferred from 5.0, due to the level of complexity involved, but I believe the plan item to track this work can be found here: Review and Approval: Support commenting/review of individual module artifacts (72516). I think you should be able to add your comments and thoughts to this work item. 

Hope this is helpful,
Mike
Stephen Valliere selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Stephen Valliere commented Jun 24 '14, 3:23 p.m.

Thanks for the info Mike. That is extremely disappointing that this feature isn't available. The commenting in the tool is great, to disable it when in a review is completely counter intuitive.

Mike Jaworski commented Jun 24 '14, 3:37 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I agree with you Stephen, it is definitely counter intuitive ... 

You might be interested in this though: while I was looking through the work items related to this feature, I found the following work item: Create an artifact's comment in modules with the context menu does not work (86426)

This work item was fixed in version 5.0, so it's possible that some of the functionality you are looking for may be available in 5.0, even if the entire feature isn't available. If you had some time, you may want to install 5.0 as a test to see if the functionality is any different there.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.