It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RRC: Is there any way to hide an attribute from showing up in the Overview section?

Clement Liu (1.5k54249) | asked May 08 '14, 7:06 a.m.
We have a standalone program that writes data to this attribute and don't want to reveal the information to users. Thanks. 

2 answers

permanent link
Mike Jaworski (1.4k6) | answered May 08 '14, 9:19 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hi Clement,

I would try this on a test Artifact and Artifact Type first, but depending on how your standalone program operates, you could try removing the specific Attribute from the Artifact Type model in the Manage Project Properties page. This would prevent the attribute data from being displayable/modifiable in the artifact editor, but wouldn't prevent the actual attribute data from still existing in the RDF data for the artifact.

Does this make sense? Or do you not think that this would work with your program?

Mike

permanent link
Clement Liu (1.5k54249) | answered May 11 '14, 12:07 p.m.
edited May 11 '14, 12:12 p.m.
 Hi Mike @majawors,

Thanks for the info. I did try that but still not working. Just give you a little bit introduction of what I'm trying to accomplish. The program I referred to in my original question is the Tasktop Sync. which is implemented in Nationwide to sync RRC requirements to QC to connect to test cases. And Tasktop Sync requires the proxyStorageAttribute in RRC (see the link below), which is supposed to be used by Tasktop only. This's why we want to hide this field from users. 

When I created the attribute, set it and removed it from the Artifact on Tasktop, I got the following error when I started the sync and tried to sync requirements:

Error
Thu May 08 13:53:02 EDT 2014
CCRRTT000002002E Internal error. Proxy store attribute "rm_property:_qGHdENYVEeOODI5BjI5NcQ" does not exist on task %5F_QYEKcNbZEeONM%5F_%2D_NDFg7zw

com.tasktop.internal.sync.core.SyncException: Internal error. Proxy store attribute "rm_property:_qGHdENYVEeOODI5BjI5NcQ" does not exist on task %5F_QYEKcNbZEeONM%5F_%2D_NDFg7zw
at com.tasktop.internal.sync.core.proxystore.AttributeProxyAssociationStore.getProxyAssociation(AttributeProxyAssociationStore.java:181)
at com.tasktop.internal.sync.core.state.RefreshProxyState.getProxyUrl(RefreshProxyState.java:145)
at com.tasktop.internal.sync.core.state.RefreshProxyState.transition(RefreshProxyState.java:48)
at com.tasktop.internal.sync.core.state.SyncState.performTransition(SyncState.java:64)
at com.tasktop.internal.sync.core.WorkerJob.onPoll(WorkerJob.java:52)
at com.tasktop.server.core.ServerJob.run(ServerJob.java:90)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)

Looks like the attribute can't be removed. I guess RRC attribute model is different than RTC. In RTC, you can add an attribute to work item type without the necessity of adding it to UI. So RTC by design has the separation of availability and presentation. Would you think so?

Thanks!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.