It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Which version should be used from IBM support to RTC developer kit

kavita herur (5876594) | asked Sep 18 '12, 3:03 a.m.
Hi,
 Actually in our organization we use RTC. And I am the RTC support from our organization. We are working on  RTC plug in changes.  I followed this link to have RTC server. but in this its trail license  and will last for 30 days.

https://jazz.net/library/content/articles/rtc/3.0.1/extensions-workshop/RTC301ExtPoT.pdf

So we are planing to have IBM RTC developer license. Please let us know which kind of license we should have for RTC plug in development. different versions of it.
 How it works for RTC version upgrade. currently we are using RTC 3.0.1 and planing to upgrade to 4.0 for users.

Please let us know as its urgent.

Thanks,
Kavita

Comments
kavita herur commented Sep 18 '12, 7:22 a.m.

I Actually i tried that it works but for long term which version of license should we use? is it v4.0 IBM Rational Team Concert Developer Single Install Floating Activation Kit ?

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Sep 18 '12, 5:45 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Kavita,

I would suggest to follow https://jazz.net/library/article/1000 and use the 10 Free licenses if at all possible.
If you have developed extensions my suggestion would be to test them on the next version prior to upgrading and create new update sites etc. Then you need to deploy them during the upgrade.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Sep 18 '12, 7:41 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
If you want to use production licesnses you need licenses that allow to do what you need to test. If SCM operations are involved, e.g. participants for SCM you need a developer license. If you have only work item related stuff a contributor license would be OK. You would need more if you need distributed and enterprise capabilities.

If you have floating licenses, you could probably point your dev environment to your license server too. Floating would be most flexible I guess.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.