It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can custom attrbutes be displayed within the views of a plan (i.e. Iteration, Work Breakdown Structure)?

Richard DeMidio (334) | asked Sep 06 '12, 1:32 p.m.
Running RTC 4.0.  A custom attribute named "Score" was created for a work item.   For a work item query, the attribute was available when configuring the display columns tab.  

I was trying to configure my Iteration View on the Release Plan to also display the Score attribute but when I try to add the column, Score is not available as a choice.

Any suggestions,

Thanks,

Rich

Accepted answer

permanent link
Andrew Codrington (17733135) | answered Sep 06 '12, 2:04 p.m.
I think this article  is what you're looking for. See "Attribute Mapping" section.
Richard DeMidio selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Richard DeMidio commented Sep 06 '12, 2:36 p.m.

Thanks! Worked perfectly. Looks like you have to use the RTC Client. I could not find equivalent functionality on the Web Client.

Can you please confirm?

Thanks again,

Rich

Andrew Codrington commented Sep 06 '12, 4:19 p.m.

I concur with your assessment. I end up with Eclipse and a web browser open all the time, jumping back and forth as some things can only be done in Eclipse, and others can only be done via the web client.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.