It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Custom type for registering a vote in RTC?

Henrik Jönsson (1537) | asked Aug 22 '12, 10:59 a.m.
 I'm evaluating RTC for a collaborative feature list. It shall be possible for several people to put their vote on different feature requests. The feature requests that then gets the highest votes should continue to be developed.

I'm a newbie of RTC but from what I can see none of this is possible. Any ideas how this can be solved?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Sterling Ferguson-II (1.6k8279269) | answered Aug 22 '12, 11:43 a.m.
 Hello,

It sounds as though you want RTC to function as Rational Focal Point...which has these features out of the box.

Henrik Jönsson selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Henrik Jönsson commented Aug 24 '12, 4:34 a.m.

Thanks. I have been studied Focal Point and it seems like a very powerful tool. My only concern is that it perhaps is too complex for the voting part. But I really like the portfolio management part of Focal Point.

Sterling Ferguson-II commented Aug 24 '12, 9:47 a.m.

Henrik,

I had a colleague who was able to setup up FP and have us entering in data and voting withing a couple of hours. I understand there are other factors such as cost and other resources, but after spending years making "one tool work as another instead of just buying the other tool"....I would suggest this route.

Good luck.

2 other answers

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Aug 24 '12, 4:31 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
If you wanted to just extend RTC to do something like this, you could add a custom "supporting user" attribute (declared to be a "contributor list").  If you wanted to work harder, you could write a follow-up action that maintains a "supporting user count" integer field that is just the number of entries in the "supporting user" field.  You could also write a  precondition that only allows a user to add/remove their own name from the list.  (Note: there are existing forum answers on how to write those kinds of actions).

Comments
Henrik Jönsson commented Aug 24 '12, 4:33 a.m.

Thanks for your answer. I will investigate your proposals further.

permanent link
Zabi Dobra (10) | answered Aug 27 '15, 5:10 a.m.
 Hi,
I'm struggling with the same issue. I couldn't figure out how to create a field that automatically calculates the "contributor's list" yet.
Did anyone managed to get that working?
I would really appreciate if you could share it.
Thanks, zabi

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.