It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to make Time Spent field read only when Time Spent and Time Tracking values are synchronized

Rohit Rishabh (1531136) | asked Jan 16 '15, 5:43 p.m.
Hi,
We are using IBM OPAL 3.1 process template for RTC 4.0.6 and we have Time Spent and Time Tracking values are synchronized.
We do not want users to use Time Spent field to enter the time and want to restrict them to use Time Tracking sheet to enter values and for that we are looking to make "Time Spent" filed as read only.
I do not see an option to make the Time Spent field read only, in workitem editor presentation. What are we missing here.

timespent editor is missing "Read Only" option

Accepted answer

permanent link
Lily Wang (4.9k714) | answered Jan 18 '15, 10:06 p.m.
Hi Rohit,
You need to create a Key using name "readonly" and set the value to "true" in Properties section in your screenshot.
Rohit Rishabh selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Rohit Rishabh commented Jan 19 '15, 10:21 a.m.

Hi Lily,
It worked! Thanks a lot for the quick help :)

- Rohit

Rohit Rishabh commented Jan 20 '15, 4:09 p.m.

Hi Lily, I have ran into another trouble where time spent only display the round off value from time sheet. e.g if I have entered 23.5 hours in the time sheet, the time spent field displays 24 hours instead of 23.5.

How to get the time spent display the correct values from timesheet?

Lily Wang commented Jan 20 '15, 6:04 p.m.

Hi Rohit,
It looks like you hit the defect:
"Time Spent" attribute only shows hour value of "actual spend time" input
which has been fixed in v5.0.

Rohit Rishabh commented Jan 22 '15, 11:14 a.m.

Thanks Lily for directing to this defect. I guess we need to create a PMR to get a fix on 4.0.6

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.