It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Query for dashboard widget

Krishna K (137) | asked Jun 15 '16, 1:08 a.m.
 Hi

I am customizing the dashboard on web client, I have added some widgets in it. At the time of configuring the widgets, I can select project area and report, but for query selection there are only blank Team area, category, planned for, iteration boxes are coming, no any value available to select. What are the standard steps to do it ?

I am using newly created Project area, and have created team area, some queries, work items in eclipse client in the same project area.

Thanks in advance.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jun 15 '16, 2:32 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I would suggest you name the widget you want to use. The information above is just confusing. If you can't select things like team areas, iterations, then usually there are none of these objects defined in the context the widget has selected or the user does not have access.

Krishna K commented Jun 15 '16, 2:49 a.m.

'Closed Work Items by Priority' widget, I am facing same problem with other widget also. 

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jun 15 '16, 3:06 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Closed Work Items by Priority is based on a BIRT Report and will provide no data and nothing to select in the query area as long as there is no data in the data warehouse. Data warehouse data collection must be enabled and the jobs must run and there must be some data to collect e.g. work items closed in some iteration etc.

All report based dashboard widgets will not show project/team areas or other data if no such data has been collected yet.

I have seen many blaming the tool and saying "there must be data" in cases like this, but 99.9% of the cases where we looked at this, it was due to missing data. In versions prior to 5.0.2 the data collection runs nightly and otherwise must be forced.
Krishna K selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Krishna K commented Jun 15 '16, 3:30 a.m.

Thanks Ralph.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.