It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Presentation of custom field is not stable in RTC

haizi wu (6054248) | asked Aug 10 '12, 3:29 a.m.

Hi all:

Does somebody has this situation: when add a custom field to the editor presentation, It can not be displayed in the web page even if you refresh N times, but when you create a new WI, you can see it after refreshing, I think it is very wired, and I found another wired thing, there is a custom field of user type(same as owner) in a WI, sometimes I can see all the user in the dropdown list, but sometimes I can't see them, why these happen?

Thanks in advance!

Comments
VK L commented Aug 10 '12, 5:15 a.m. | edited Aug 08 '13, 5:07 p.m.

Hi,
       Is this a problem with the browser sessions cached? is it reflecting in the eclipse UI?

Thanks.

haizi wu commented Aug 10 '12, 5:35 a.m.

I have tried to clean browser cache and even change browser,but this situation still exsits, I feel that it is not stable, I guess it is a bug

Prasad Mandre commented Feb 11 '13, 7:54 a.m.

Even I am facing the same issue. Do you get resolution for this ?

Ralph Schoon commented Feb 11 '13, 8:16 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

See https://jazz.net/library/article/529 for how to use it. See http://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2012/11/19/using-an-expression-to-synchronize-attributes-for-work-items-of-a-specific-type/ for more automation.

As long as the work items are not synchronized, old work items don't have them and you get a read only presentation.
Please also note the Custom tab does not exist in the Web UI, it is a Eclipse client only feature. so you have to

1. Configure presentations
2. Synchronize attributes

to be able to see the custom attributes and be able to change them.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Takehiko Amano (1.3k3741) | answered Aug 10 '12, 4:09 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

After creating new custom attributes for Work Items:

1. Create query that will result with all the already existing Work Items.
  2. In the Work Items view select all work items (or only these, in which you want to have new custom attributes added).
  3. Right click on the type column (by default it is the first column on the left).
  4. Choose Synchronize Attributes option.
There is screen shot how to do it here (actually above text is cut & pasted here).

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21372230

Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
haizi wu commented Aug 10 '12, 4:41 a.m.

But I can't see the Synchronize Attributes option, my client version is 3.0.1.3

Vince Thyng commented Aug 08 '13, 4:09 p.m.

I can not find Synchronize in the menu either.  Tried 3.0.1.1 and 3.0.1.5

Geoffrey Clemm commented Aug 08 '13, 5:13 p.m.

Are you sure you are clicking in the "Type" column (you only  see this menu item if you are clicking in the Type column).

One other answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Aug 08 '13, 5:20 p.m.
An alternative way of synchronizing attributes (that I prefer) is to:
- open the Project Area in the Eclipse project area editor
- select the Project Configuration page
- Select the Project_Configuration -> Configuration_Data -> Work_Items -> Types_and_Attributes section
- In the Work_Item_Types section, select the work item type with the new custom attribute.
- In the Attributes section, click on the "Check Attributes Usages in repository" text.
- If there are any work items of this type that do not have all the current custom attributes, it will prompt you to add them.

Comments
Vince Thyng commented Aug 08 '13, 5:43 p.m. | edited Aug 08 '13, 5:54 p.m.

Thank you Geoffrey.  I have used that method. For some troubleshooting I was hoping to run a sync on just a specific work item that was listed as not being synced with all custom.

Ralph Schoon commented Aug 19 '13, 4:20 a.m.

Vince, you can do it programmatically: https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2012/11/19/using-an-expression-to-synchronize-attributes-for-work-items-of-a-specific-type/ or just select the one work item in the Eclipse Clients Query results and synchronize as described above.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.