It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

"Remember my User ID" option missing from JTS & CCM splash screen in 4.0.6

Stephane Couillaud (15632545) | asked Mar 17 '14, 6:57 p.m.
 It would appear that the option of having your user ID remembered on the splash screen to log on to JTS or CCM is missing in RTC 4.0.6.  It was there for 4.0.3 (not sure about 4.0.4 & 4.0.5).  Is anyone else experiencing the same issue?  I'm not sure if it's by design or there is a property somewhere to enable that back.  I couldn't find information anywhere.
Thanks
Illustration of missing option on splash screen

Accepted answer

permanent link
Millard Ellingsworth (2.5k12431) | answered Mar 17 '14, 7:41 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Mar 18 '14, 4:00 a.m. by Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.5k480103)
Stephane Couillaud selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Lukas Steiger commented Mar 18 '14, 3:11 a.m. | edited Mar 18 '14, 3:59 a.m.

I have the same issue as well. 

They suggest us to use the browser features.
But for security reasons, our company has disabled some of these features. 
So I hope they will bring back this feature.

2 other answers

permanent link
Guido Schneider (3.4k1491115) | answered Mar 18 '14, 4:23 a.m.

I don't think this is a defect. It's more a new feature.

Now the HTML Form Autofill feature is used. As soon as clicking into the username field, you get a list of all usernames, you have used to login in the past.

If you have password remembering enabled and the password is stored in the browser (if the company has not blocked this by policy), the password is automatically filled in, as soon as the user is selected.

I personally like this feature, but I understand pwople complaining, because some policies enforce the browser to not remember passwords and others may blocked the autofil feature at all.

I'm not sure, if bot h behaviours could be supported. The Autofill feature as well as the remember my last username.

permanent link
Phil Barrett (33911) | answered Apr 10 '14, 3:16 p.m.
Is this "feature" requested by a customer? I imagine most companies disable/don't allow password remembering!

Comments
Georg Kellner commented Apr 11 '14, 6:26 a.m.

I think there was a request to enable autofill in.

For guys like me, using two accounts (one for administrative purposes, one for working with the tools) autofill is the better option, but for all the users, having only one account, autofill doesn't make sense at all.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.