It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Export list of test cases and descriptions for a given test plan?

Una Ramsay (1101918) | asked Aug 06 '12, 9:32 a.m.
 Hi

Anyone know if it is possible to generate a list of test cases and their associated test descriptions for a given test plan?

Can this be done directly from RQM?

I have RRDI which allows a wide range of database queries from the Data Warehouse repository. However I cannot find where in the data warehouse repository the Test Case Description is stored.

Any help appreciated!

3 answers

permanent link
Yong Hao Zhou (561) | answered Aug 09 '12, 11:29 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hi Una,

For now there is "Test Cases" report for both QM birt report and RRDI report, yet there is no way to fetch the test case's descriptions field in QM report or RRDI, because the description field is not added to the query model (for birt report) or data warehouse table (for RRDI report). The description is a variable-length field, and could be quite long, which is not a good way to store them in the database. Hope the explaination makes sense.

permanent link
Una Ramsay (1101918) | answered Oct 23 '12, 7:50 a.m.
looks like the Artifact Summary (pdf) report includes the test cases and descriptions. however this doesn't seem to be configurable

permanent link
Una Ramsay (1101918) | answered Oct 30 '12, 8:33 a.m.
also - it appears to be possible to extract this information using a LIVE report (from Cognos)

Comments
w h commented Apr 23 '13, 1:38 p.m.

Hi Una,

Some questions:

Did you have to create a new model / package / dimension(s) in Cognos?

Can you give the hierarchy and name of the Description field? i.e. Test Case --> xx --> Description?  

I think we're using the default CLM Report Data Warehouse model and Operational Data Store, but wanted to see if I could find it in that existing structure.

Thanks!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.