It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to pass excel sheet to another testing tool from RQM?

Shuchita Tripathi (31436395) | asked Dec 22 '14, 7:49 a.m.
 Hi,

My customers are using an automation testing tool (an in house tool), where they pass an excel sheet (which has all the commands to be executed) to the tool and then once the testing is complete, they get the test result in html format.

Now they want to integrate RQM with their testing tool. They want to invoke their tool from RQM and pass the excel sheet to it. Then once the testing is complete, they want the result to be updated in RQM.

By reading the article https://jazz.net/library/article/809 , I felt that this can be done using command line adapter.
However I am not sure if we can pass an excel sheet from RQM.

Can someone please guide me how the above scenario can be implemented using RQM?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Reshma Ratnani (1.1k1) | answered Dec 23 '14, 5:59 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I am not sure about that. My point was you can create a commandline script to access you tool provided it can be accessed from command prompt.

For eg if you want to invoke a perl script from RQM then use the below line in a .bat script and import that .bat script using Commandline adapter. When you run the testcase associated to that .bat script from RQM, it will in-turn run the perl script

HelloWorld.pl arg1 arg2

Shuchita Tripathi selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Reshma Ratnani (1.1k1) | answered Dec 23 '14, 5:29 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Yes you can use Commandline Adapter. You can write a commandline script which will invoke the in-house automation testing tool, this way when you run this commandline script from RQM, your tool will be invoked and the automation test will get executed.

Hope this will help

Comments
Shuchita Tripathi commented Dec 23 '14, 5:37 a.m.

Hi Reshma,

Thank you for your response.

Can you please tell how to pass an excel sheet (which has all the commands to run) to that in-house tool from RQM?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.