It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RRDI 2.0 Oracle database scripts

Bin Chen (41911) | asked Jul 27 '12, 2:56 p.m.
edited Jul 30 '12, 9:16 a.m. by Seth Packham (1.4k42213)
I have folloed RRDI 2.0 installation instruction, and I simply did not see any where that tells me to save database scripts. 

Can someone share his/her scripts please?

3 answers

permanent link
Michael Fox (61643) | answered Aug 02 '12, 8:55 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The RRDI 2.0 Setup will validate the content store and data warehouse databases.  If necessary, it will offer to either run the scripts necessary to configure the databases or save them for manual execution.

Mike Fox

permanent link
Anderson Oliveira Pinto (1701817) | answered Jul 31 '12, 10:06 a.m.
Hi Bin,

After execute the installation manager the scripts are recorded in this location
 /opt/ibm/RationalReporting/reportserver/contentstore

Comments
Bin Chen commented Jul 31 '12, 2:43 p.m. | edited Jul 31 '12, 2:49 p.m.

Hi, Oliveira

What version of RRDI are you talking about? Also, at what point do you see a recording option? Please be specific.

Actually, can you simply send me your scripts? I need to know what tablespace to create, what users to create.
Thanks.

Anderson Oliveira Pinto commented Jul 31 '12, 4:08 p.m.

Sorry, Bin Chen. I was talking about version 1.0.1.2.

permanent link
Bin Chen (41911) | answered Aug 08 '12, 2:19 p.m.
 For those who are installing RRDI 2.0 on Oracle database server, here are few things you might want to do first. These are hard learned facts that were not found in IBM's installation guide.

1. once you created RICM database with Oracle DBCA, you will need to create at least a table sapce, I call it RPT_TS. 
  2. you will need to create a schema user, say RPTAdmin and assign default table space to RPT_TS, you will need to grant create table, index, views, connect, sequence etc to RPTAdmin. This part was covered under "database considerations" in the install guide.
  3. For RPTUser, the report user that you created in DW database, this user needs access to RIDW schema, so you will need to grant select on all tables and all views of RIDW to RPTUser.
The rest steps were covered in the install guide, but I personally believe the install guide is not Oracle friendly.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.