It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Need Help writing a Regular Expression for a Validator in Attribute Custmization section

Jorgefelix Siverio (7621414) | asked Jul 19 '12, 12:25 p.m.

Hello,

Since time is not available in the Timestamp attribute we have decided to create a small string attribute to place next to the Timestamp/date attribute. We generate valuable metrics based off of "scheduled and actual implementation times" -- for our RFC work item; in regards to Enterprise Change Management.

We would like for time in the field to be 24 hours like this 00:00

I need to create a regular expression for the validator but am having trouble.

I have no previous experience writing regular expressions and am breaking my head over this. Can anyone in the community help with what the regular expression for this would be?

Thanks I appreciate the help!

One answer

permanent link
Millard Ellingsworth (2.5k12431) | answered Jul 19 '12, 8:57 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I searched the web with "regular expression for time field" and found a variety of helpful articles. To avoid possible issues with copyright and attribution by "stealing" one of those answers and posting it here, I'll let you do the same.

Comments
Jorgefelix Siverio commented Jul 23 '12, 4:59 p.m. | edited Jul 23 '12, 5:01 p.m.

Millard thanks for the response. Using your search keywords I was able to find what I was looking for. -- my initial search on the net was using too broad of keywords.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.