It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Problem deleting links?

Charles Cruse (1521213) | asked Jul 18 '12, 11:28 a.m.
Hi.

I have Jazz admin authority and was trying to delete some invalid workitems.  There was one defect workitem that I could not delete.  I was able to delete other defects, so I tried to see what was different about this one.  This defect was created from RQM and so it had an "Affects Test Result" link back to RQM as well as other links.  I was able to remove most other links but I could not remove the "Affects Test Result" link.  (In experimenting, I found this was also true of a "Blocks Test Execution" link.)

When I try to remove the "Affects Test Result" link from the web interface, I get the following error when I try to save the work item:
"The server is not responding or a page navigation occurred before an operation completed.
Check that your server connection is working and that the server is operational,
then try the action again or refresh the page."

When I try to remove that link from the eclipse client, I get the following error when I try to save the work item: "Error running operation 'Saving Work Item'

java.lang.NullPointerException
  java.lang.NullPointerException
"

Is there something I have to configure to be able to do this?  Do I have to do something at RQM to disassociate the defect from the testcase first?  Is this a bug?  Was I right in believing the presence of these links is what is preventing me from being able to delete this work item?

2 answers

permanent link
Zhou Xing (41123) | answered Jul 19 '12, 3:59 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Charles

Remove the defects in Test Result from RQM side should also remove the "Affects Test Result" link in RTC. You might remove this defect from RQM side first, then please try to see whether can delete this defect from RTC side.  The NullPointerException is thrown out by program, need to investigate why this exception happened.

Comments
Charles Cruse commented Jul 19 '12, 9:30 a.m.

I was able to remove the defect from the RQM side and you were right that the links were cleaned up. After the links were removed, I was able to successfully delete the defect.

Thanks!

Ayan Paul commented Nov 28 '12, 6:18 a.m.

How do you remove the defect from RQM Side. For my case I have linked a defect in a wrong step and I want to delink this from execution console, but I m not able to do that. Please help

permanent link
Vladimir Amelin (70472226) | answered Aug 10 '12, 7:19 a.m.
I think we encountered same issue. Good news it's known one and fixed in 3.0.1.4:

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.