It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

In the query result layout, how do you just display the icon and not the text?

Hansin Vogado (3135) | asked Jul 06 '12, 4:24 p.m.
edited Jul 07 '12, 8:51 a.m. by Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035)
In the result layout on a query - can we just display the icon and not the text as seen with priority, Severity, Type etc?

Comments
Millard Ellingsworth commented Jul 09 '12, 8:59 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Did Geoff answer your question (i.e., did you just want to eliminate the Summary text from the results)? Or are there other fields where you want to see only the icon and not any text (e.g., State -- not sure that's possible, just using it as an example)? Is there an out-of-the-box query you can point to as an example you'd like to see differently?

Hansin Vogado commented Aug 02 '12, 12:33 p.m.

No. this answer not help me!. Here is my problem: I created a enumeration and added icons to each option. So I create Work Item using that enumeration. When I construct a query using that enumeration, the icons of the options does not appear, only the text. I do not want the text, I want display only the icon! Can you see?

Millard Ellingsworth commented Aug 02 '12, 1:53 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

As best I can tell, this is not possible. I expect this is because icons are not required, just suggested (so a user could end up with blank results in their query columns). That said, as long as the user understands this and expects that their administrator has properly created and defined reasonable icons for custom enumerations, we should probably make it possible. According to this work item, we don't show the icons at all: https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=80198 I need to follow up to see if that's still the case. I will file an enhancement and post the link here after I verify. Feel free to subscribe and add comments to it.

One answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Jul 07 '12, 8:50 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
In the "Column Display" tab for the query, just remove the Summary column.

Comments
Hansin Vogado commented Aug 02 '12, 9:32 a.m. | edited Aug 02 '12, 12:32 p.m.

No. the answer not helped me!. Here is my problem: I created a enumeration and added icons to each option. So I create Work Item using that enumeration. When I construct a query using that enumeration, the icons of the options does not appear, only the text. I do not want the text, I want display onlu the icon! Can you see?

Hansin Vogado commented Aug 02 '12, 9:33 a.m.

No. this answer not help me!. Here is my problem: I created a enumeration and added icons to each option. So I create Work Item using that enumeration. When I construct a query using that enumeration, the icons of the options does not appear, only the text. I do not want the text, I want display only the icon! Can you see?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.