It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Where is the "Ready for Testing" state selected in Change Management Type Binding reflected in workflows?

Andrew Codrington (17733135) | asked Oct 18 '12, 10:33 a.m.
(v3.0.1.4 with OpenUP)

Where is the "Ready for Testing" state that is selected in Change Management Type Binding reflected in out of the box workflows, queries, views, etc? The concept of "Ready for Testing" is appealing but I'm not seeing where it will take effect.

In our current setup, the default "Ready for Testing" state for Defects is 'Resolved' and Defects are using the Default Workflow.

Given that backdrop, is there somewhere a tester would see a nice view/list of Defects that are "Ready for Testing"?

I see a "Plan Items ready for testing" Lifecycle Query that sounds appropriate, but I don't know if it is based on the Change Management Type Binding setting mentioned above.

One answer

permanent link
Nick Ranns (2347) | answered Nov 27 '12, 10:12 a.m.
 Andrew,

I too was curious as to what the 'Ready For Testing' offered.  Well, as far as I can tell, there is one query that it uses.  That is the 'Defects with Test Cases Ready for Testing' in the Lifecycle Queries for Change Management.  However, this is not very useful (for our project) because it only displays defects that appear in the Development Items section of a Test Case AND are in a state that is deemed 'Ready For Testing'.  When a Defect is created through test execution (in the execution record or result), it is NOT added to the Test Case and therefore the defects that are ready for testing will not appear when this query is run, unless of course you manually add the Defect link to the Test Case.

I personally create my own queries to pull the desired results.  Using the Status and Resolution Attributes when creating your query, you can customize any kind of results you like based on the Workflow State and Resolution.  You also can filter further by other attributes.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.