It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I search questions for a particular product

Colin Thorne (22421619) | asked Jul 04 '12, 10:33 a.m.
Hello, is there a way to search for questions (and answers) for a particular product. For example, I want to search for questions about using defects in RQM. In the old forums I would search in the appropriate forum category.

I can search for "defect RQM" but that seems to get me lots of hits which are just relevant to RTC. I was expecting to find a way of searching for all questions with the tag 'rational-quality-manager' containing the string 'defect'.

Is there a way to do this? Or perhaps someone can suggest an alternative.

Thanks.

2 answers

permanent link
Spencer Griffin (41126) | answered Jul 05 '12, 9:58 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
We are working on an enhancement for the forum that will bring more advanced search options, including narrowing search results by tag.

If you would like to request a particular feature, you can open a work item here: https://jazz.net/jazz02/web/projects/Community%20Feedback.

Comments
Colin Thorne commented Jul 20 '12, 11:07 a.m.

Thanks for your response. I couldn't find an existing enhancement that covered this request and so I have created a new one: https://jazz.net/jazz02/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/70381

permanent link
Evan Hughes (2.4k1318) | answered Jul 04 '12, 10:36 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Search for questions tagged with rational-quality-manager

If you're only interested in RQM, you list it in your interested tags, or ignore the other products. 

Comments
Colin Thorne commented Jul 04 '12, 10:53 a.m.

Thanks for that tip. Using Ignore helped (adding RQM to interested tags didn't seem to make any difference). However, that means I have to keep adding and removing tags from my ignore list because sometimes I want to see the RTC questions, and sometimes the RQM questions.

Maybe there is an alternative solution.

Evan Hughes commented Jul 04 '12, 11:23 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I don't believe that the ignore list prevents questions from showing up in a search, so you only need to add/remove items from your ignore list to control what appears when you go to the main page. I think. :)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.