It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Review\Approval process

Krishna G (151711) | asked Jun 20 '12, 10:47 a.m.

Once the Tester selects “Formal Review” option and adds the “Reviewer/Approver”, saves the entry, the Test case status changes to “Pending”. At this point, I would expect the test case and the associated test script to be blocked from any further updates from the tester until the Reviewer\Approver sends the comments back. At the same time the Reviewer\Approver should be able to access the Test case\Test script and place his comments when the task is assigned to him. Once complete, he should again select the Formal review option and change the status to “Reviewed\Approved\Rejected”.

Note: I've done an installation of RQM 2.0.1 on my personal computer and trying to achieve this.

Please let me know, how the achieve the above objective?

Thanks!!!

2 answers

permanent link
Marcelo Ramos (1013) | answered Nov 07 '12, 3:42 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Nov 07 '12, 3:42 p.m.
Hi Krishna,

The latest release (4.0.1) of Rational Quality Manager, includes the capabilities needed to implement the process you described. Specifically, test artifacts can now be automatically locked or unlocked when they reach certain states (e.g. Under Review.)

This new capability can be configured in the Project Area Administration page in the Test Artifacts > Auto Lock section.

For more information take a look at these links:

Please note that this is still work under development and will be included in the GA release of QM 4.0.1.

Regards

Jose Marcelo Ramos Barragan
Rational Quality Manager developer

permanent link
Pramod Chandoria (2.1k11220) | answered Jun 20 '12, 11:00 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Krishna,
Since you have done a pilot installation to explore RQM, I am wondering if you consider exploring more recent release v4.0 or last year release 301x.
The feature you are looking for is currently not supported, however RQM 4.0 does provide option to define workflow and you can apply some of the preconditions for approval e.g. "Test plan can be approved when all associated Testcases are approved", "Disallow modification to Formal review of Approved Artifacts", "Disallow transition to Approved until All approvers approve" and likewise. these preconditions are available in RQM 4.0
See New and noteworthy in RQM 4.0 for more info.

Comments
Krishna G commented Jun 20 '12, 11:59 p.m.

Thanks for the info Promod!!! I would definitely try the other features on RQM 4.0 that you mentioned. However, any idea if the auto lock and release functions on the articrafts during review\approval process, will be addressed on the future releases or a way to set it up on the latest version?

Pramod Chandoria commented Jun 21 '12, 4:21 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Currently Auto lock unlock is not supported and there is not such requirement in my knowledge. Feel free to submit request for enhancement at https://jazz.net/jazz02/web/projects/Rational%20Quality%20Manager#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.newWorkItem

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.