It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM: How to assigne Command Line Adapter to a specific machine in Lab Managment

Matthias Buettgen (23612331) | asked Jan 24 '14, 6:15 a.m.
Hi,

I've currently a problem or maybe a lack of understanding related the RQM Command Line Adaprter.

We have two machines with an installed Command Line Adapter on each machine for testing purposes. Now I'd like to register these machines in RQM's Lab Management and assign each machine the respective adapter.
For the time being I've tried a lot of things but I'm not really successful with that.

Is there way to assign a specific adapter to a specific machine or did I understand it wrong in the RQM Help Sections?
If there is a way I would be very thankful if you could help me with that.

Regards
Matthias

One answer

permanent link
Vidya Malkarnekar (1.0k15) | answered Jan 24 '14, 10:21 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Matthias,

When you start command line adapter on a machine, that machine itself shows up as adapter in RQM under Execution > Adapter Console.  You can change the name you want to be displayed using 
"-adapter" option for startup script.
Here's an useful article on command line adapter-- https://jazz.net/library/article/809 .

Comments
Matthias Buettgen commented Jan 27 '14, 9:37 a.m.

Hi Vidya,

thanks for the answer. Anyway this is something I'm already aware of. I still would like to know, it it is possible to define a machine resource and assign a specific adapter to that machine. E.g. when you define a machine in the Lab Management it's possible to choose "Sample: Command Line Adapter" as installed software. Now I'd like to know how can assigne a specific adapter to that machine, or is this done automatically by the IP Address.

Regards
Matthias

Matthias Buettgen commented Feb 05 '14, 9:18 a.m.

Hi Vidya,

The Problem was caused by the "Favorite machine" in the scripts. If this is set to a certain machine then the adapter of this machine will be used.

Regards
Matthias

Vidya Malkarnekar commented Feb 05 '14, 10:40 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Thanks Matthias for letting us know !

-Vidya

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.