It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

DM Client for RSA 4.0 M8: What about generated tooling code?

Petter von Dolwitz (561812) | asked Jun 08 '12, 10:20 a.m.
Hi,

we have an extension to RSA in which we have generated tooling code from a profile project that gives us custom palette tools for adding elements to a class diagram with our stereotypes applied and also a context menu in the project explorer for addnig these elements. When I look at a project in the Design explorer view none of these tools are available. What is the plan here? Will this be enabled at some point or does it require re-generation of the tooling code to be compatible with the Design Explorer view and a Class Diagram opened from the Design Explorer?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Chad Beery (16611) | answered Jun 13 '12, 8:57 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Petter,

I am posting this answer on behalf of Dusko Misic:

"The profile tooling generated context menus target specifically Project Explorer so that would not work against Design Explorer. It is relatively simple to modify them to work with Design Explorer as well but since that API is not documented (yet) it may be a bit difficult to do right now. Sounds like a good topic for a 4.0 jazz.net article to describe the procedure. I would also suggest logging an enhancement to automate that process in RSA DM.

As for custom palette tools that should work with diagrams opened from Design Explorer so I would suggest to log a defect.

Note: I prefer that you log both work items (enhancement and defect) because it helps us track interest in project areas but if you do not feel comfortable doing that for whatever reason please let me know and I will log them."

Thank you!

Chad Beery
Design Management User Assistance

Petter von Dolwitz selected this answer as the correct answer

2 other answers

permanent link
Petter von Dolwitz (561812) | answered Jun 14 '12, 4:54 a.m.
edited Jun 14 '12, 4:54 a.m.
Hi Chad,

reported 31001, 31002 and 31004 to track these issues.

Thanks for your support!

permanent link
Chad Beery (16611) | answered Jun 18 '12, 1:28 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Excellent, thank you, Petter. As an FYI, I just opened WI 31106 to track the doc changes and linked it to 31002.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.