DM and RM bi-directional links
Hi,
I have JTS 4.0.6 and try to add links to DM artifacts. Working with a DM artifact (e.q. UML diagram), when I assign an 'Elaborates' link and choose the appropriate CCM work item, this work item gets an 'Elaborated by Architecture Element' link to the DM artifact automatically. But when I assign a 'Derives From' link and choose the appropriate RM requirement, no links to DM artifact appears on this requirement. I have read many related articles and forum topics, but still haven't found a reason of my issue.
Could you please tell me your ideas (if any)?
Thanks a lot in advance
I have JTS 4.0.6 and try to add links to DM artifacts. Working with a DM artifact (e.q. UML diagram), when I assign an 'Elaborates' link and choose the appropriate CCM work item, this work item gets an 'Elaborated by Architecture Element' link to the DM artifact automatically. But when I assign a 'Derives From' link and choose the appropriate RM requirement, no links to DM artifact appears on this requirement. I have read many related articles and forum topics, but still haven't found a reason of my issue.
Could you please tell me your ideas (if any)?
Thanks a lot in advance
2 answers
Hi, Are you able to create a Derives link from an RM artifact to a DM artifact ( in the RM application ) ?
Comments
Hi Dmitry,
This is expected behavior, since "Derives From" linktype is unidirectional, while "Elaborates" links is bidirectional.
In order to check if the link you are trying to create is bidirectional you can check the presence of "reverse" link by following steps:
1. Open project dashboard.
2. Click "Administration" button in the right upper corner and select "Manage Project Link Types" menu item.
3. On the opened page click on the linktype name.
4. In the opened dialog you will see either "No reverse link" or "Use current revers link" option.
"No revers link" means that linktype is unidirectional.
Regards,
Anrey
Comments
showing 5 of 9
show 4 more comments