It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

links between DM and Requirements not working in RSA

Eric Cattoir (154) | asked Aug 06 '14, 11:17 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 I am trying to use the combination of RSA 9.0 with DM 5.0 and CLM 5.0.
When I have a UML diagram open in RSA and I try to establish a link towards a requirement in RRC, I always get an error Connection terminated unexpectedly.

When I establish a connection through the web interface on design manager and RRC all works fine, so I am sure there is no issue with the connection between the projects or the friends setttings of the CLM applications. I can also see those links afterwards in my RSA view of the model.

When logging in to the various servers there is no error and login seems succesful.

Did someone experience the same and is there a workaround?

Comments
Francois-xavier Panaget commented Aug 08 '14, 6:29 a.m. | edited Aug 08 '14, 6:30 a.m.

Hi Eric,

Did you managed, in the end, to create your link from the RSA DM thick client?
Are you able to create link to other application CCM or QM?
When you get the error Connection terminated unexpectedly, what do you get in the .log ? Do you see an entry added in the .log which could help us to understand what is happening?

I have tried RSA 9.1 with the RSA DM Client Extension 5.0 and I could create a Derives From link to a RM requirement.
I did experience some problems with the "Link to" dialog with the authentication to RM due to the lack of certification. The login page which poped up kinda of looped. Since it is using Internet Explorer it kept on complaining about the certificate.
It could get pass it when I linked a CCM defect to an UML element. After that the RM linkage worked without any login prompt.

Regards,
François

One answer

permanent link
Eric Jodet (6.3k5111120) | answered Aug 07 '14, 5:53 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hello Eric,
assuming the issue is only present when using the Eclipse Client,
and trying to link a resource to RRC.
I don't have such test env, but assuming that in this context, a login page opens, before you can access the RRC resource picker.
If for some reason, the login fails with correct creds, or picker fails to load / is blank - the assume this is a RRC issue (RRC provides the picker)

might help you try some workarounds.

If still stuck, please open a defect against RRC.

Hope it helps,
Eric

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.