It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Exact Difference Between Rational Requirement Composer and Rational DOORS?? Which one is More effective?

Anurag Rajput (8011623) | asked Jun 07 '12, 2:31 a.m.
edited Dec 20 '12, 3:42 a.m.
Hi ,
I Just started using Rational requirement composer.I came across Rational DOORS which seems to me almost same.I am confused, Can anyone tell me the exact difference between Rational Requirement Manager and Rational DOORS? Which one is more Effective?

Thanks and Regards,
Anurag Rajput

Accepted answer

permanent link
Stephane Leroy (1.4k149) | answered Dec 20 '12, 9:09 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Anurag,

the reading of this recent whitepaper ("Which IBM Rational requirements management tool is best for your teams?") should help you as well : https://jazz.net/library/article/1149

Regards,
Stéphane

Anurag Rajput selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Anurag Rajput commented Dec 21 '12, 3:51 a.m.

Hi Stephane,

Thanks a lot. It really helped me

Regards,
Anurag

3 other answers

permanent link
Robin Bater (3.4k47) | answered Jun 13 '12, 5:33 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Also, personally, I find that though both RRC and DOORS provide similar features - requirements definition, traceability, etc - it is how teams write their requirements and the level of compliance and customization needed that also determines a preference for either RRC or DOORS.

RRC requirements tend to be more verbose and MS Word like, and in the 100's per document, where as DOORS requirements tend to be more "shall" statements and MS Excel like, and in the 10,000's per document, and requires multi-level traceability for high compliance.

DOORS also provides a scripting capability for customization.

You also might be interested in this page:

https://jazz.net/products/rational-doors/rmtools/

permanent link
Chandrahasa Reddy D (5715160) | answered Jun 07 '12, 3:13 a.m.

Basically RRC is web based, collabrative (CLM) and is built on Jazz Platform, where as DOORS is client-server system, need install your DOORS client to access requirements.

RRC is not recommnded in case if your system has large number of requirements and you want your traceability to be deeper (i.e 4-5 level of traceability)..

Where as DOORS is recommnded for large number of requirements, and your system is so complex (e.g. Aviation Industry) and you need your traceability report to be deeper, then you can for DOORS..

permanent link
Chidambaram L (23414178) | answered Jun 09 '12, 11:50 a.m.
RRC addresses the enterprise solutions market segment.
DOORS addresses the large product development, embedded & Systems market (like for Aerospace, Automotive, Pharma product development).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.