It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Tab „Artifact Types“ – right side loading endless

Thomas Lindner (1314) | asked Oct 10 '14, 7:04 a.m.
edited Oct 10 '14, 7:04 a.m.

In one of our project areas I can not edit the Artifact Types because the right side is loading endlessly.
I have seen this happens if I import Project Properties where I have used Preferred Link Types” for some Artifacts.
For new Project Ares I not use this “Preferred Link Types” any more and I have no problems.

My question is how I can modify the Artifact Types in the existing Project Areas without the GUI?

Is there any XML on the Server where I can edit this thinks to get my exiting Project Ares working for this?

I using Version:

Jazz Foundation - Core Libraries 4.0.7 RJF-I20140625-2037
Requirements Management - Core Libraries 4.0.7 I20140625_2206

Problem exit in Firefox, Chrome, IE

Some behavior was also mention in this question:

https://jazz.net/forum/questions/150085/when-managing-artifact-types-the-detail-panel-is-stuck-on-loading

Thanks

Tom

Accepted answer

permanent link
Mike Jaworski (1.4k6) | answered Oct 10 '14, 8:41 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Oct 10 '14, 8:41 a.m.
 Hi Tom,

This sounds very similar to something we've seen in Support before, and I think this problem should be fixed in the 5.0 release under work item Project imported from a project with preferred links in artifact types never shows the details of the artifact types (85299). Unfortunately, this work item has not been fixed in 4.0.7, and as far as I know the only way to fix existing cases of this issue is by using a Diagnostic Tool developed by RRC Support called "RepairLinkPreferences". 

As a long-term solution, I would definitely advise an upgrade to at least version 5.0, in order to adopt this fix. In the short-term, I would suggest that you open a PMR with Rational Support in order to try using this repair tool to fix your artifact types which are currently affected by this issue.

Hope this helps!
Mike Jaworski
Thomas Lindner selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Thomas Lindner commented Oct 10 '14, 9:25 a.m.

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the quick answer. In fact we will update in a few month to version 5.1.
But may I ask a additional question, does the Fix in 5.x will work only for new Projects which are created under 5.x or does it also fix my problem for the existing project areas after update?
Thanks
Tom

Mike Jaworski commented Oct 10 '14, 10:54 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Tom, 

Unfortunately, the fix will only prevent the issue from recurring in the future, and will not fix the existing problem for affected Artifact Types. In order to fix existing issues with Artifact Types, I think your only option is to contact Support to obtain the repair tool I mentioned. There may need to be a little additional work done on this tool however, because I'm not sure if the tool will work in 5.x releases.

One other answer

permanent link
Thomas Lindner (1314) | answered Oct 14 '14, 3:52 a.m.
Thanks!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.