It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Use DNG thick client with RRC

Sean F (1.3k241145) | asked Jan 31 '13, 6:57 a.m.
I understand that RRC and DNG web clients are identical (so the database side would be identical also?).

The only difference is that you can use the thick client with DNG.

So can RRC be installed and then the license changed to DNG and the DNG thick client then be used after a license upgrade?

Comments
Robin Bater commented Jan 31 '13, 11:55 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Yes after the DNG license change and the thick client has been installed.

3 answers

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Apr 18 '13, 9:45 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Answers below ...

1. Which is the difference between the DOORS NG license and the RRC license? 
[dm] the capabilities the license enables are identical thus far. Jazz uses server-based licenses, and these two Analyst licenses currently unlock exactly the same capabilities. 

2. if I have both (one DOORS NG and one RRC) can two users work at the same time with a DOORS NG client?
[dm] The system behaves the same with either license, so yes, you can evaluate the DOORS NG rich client with an RRC Analyst license, and you can view or edit artifacts in the same project with either license. But if you are going to deploy the DOORS NG client into production, you should get DOORS NG licenses, since the client code is not included in RRC's license agreement (the IPLA -- the "paper license" with terms and conditions -- also in the click-through license)

3. and can two users work at the same time in RRC?
[dm] yes

4. so are they equivalent?
[not quite]. in addition to the "paper" license difference, as described earlier in this post, how you get these licenses also differs: the DNG Analyst license is available as part of Rational DOORS, the RRC Analyst license by purchasing RRC Analyst.

There is more info here: 
* https://jazz.net/forum/questions/101926/can-anyone-explain-the-internal-difference-between-rational-doors-and-rrc/101957

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Jan 31 '13, 7:26 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
That's right. For example, you could start with a CLM download from the RRC or RQM page here on jazz.net, which includes RRC Analyst trial licenses.  Then after buying DOORS (or if you are on active subscription and support already) go to the Rational license key center and get a DOORS NG Analyst license file.

Note that if you download DOORS NG from jazz.net it includes trial DOORS NG Analyst licenses.

permanent link
Simona Ciardi (645) | answered Apr 18 '13, 9:24 a.m.
Hi to all! I have some doubts about the license management of these products!
  1. Which is the difference between the DOORS NG license and the RRC license?
  2. if I have both (one DOORS NG and one RRC) can two users work at the same time with a DOORS NG client?
  3. and can two users work at the same time in RRC?
  4. so are they equivalent?

Thanks in advance!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.