It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC Update using own certificate

Dieter Springer (623) | asked Jun 05 '12, 3:25 a.m.
Hi
We want to use RTC with certificates from our own CA (openssl). Getting RTC to work with our certificate consumed a lot of time and we ended up in doing trial&error configuration. Everything worked fine at first, but applying the latest Update deleted the certificate somehow (Update via new installation, then jts_upgrade.sh and ccm_upgrade.sh). We were not able to run RTC with our certificate since then.
There is a lot of documentation online related to this topic, but most docs are websphere-related or otherwise adressing a special configuration. We use RTC with tomcat as shipped. As we just start using a CA our knowledge with certificates is still sparse.
So my question is, if there is a best-practice documentation on what to do to implement a certificate from your own CA and how to use it with RTC? The next question is how to upgrade such a config?

One answer

permanent link
Christophe Elek (2.9k13021) | answered Jun 05 '12, 7:45 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hey Dieter,
Here is what I do

1) Create your own keystore, put your certificate in
2) update the server.xml to point to the keystore
3) when upgrading, the server.xml is copied in a location to be preserved - copy it back or merge the changes

Update if you want me to elaborate
Chris - IBM

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.