It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RSA to DOORS using Design Manger Eclipse Environment issue

Jason Hamilton (35168) | asked Jul 03 '13, 11:29 a.m.
edited Jul 03 '13, 12:11 p.m.
I have DOORS 9.4 and RDM 4.0.2 and RSA 8.5 +DM.  I have successful configured the cross server communication between RDM and DOORS Web.  I am able to go to a DM design and make a link to a DOORS requirement in the web environment.  However, when I try to make links within the RSA eclipse environment I get a log in failure with the DOORS friend server.  Could this be an issue with my URL?  I have tried multiple variations of the friend server link without any success.  Here is the configuration of my current URL:  http://localhost:portnumber/
dm/public.  This was automatically set after creating the cross server communication.  Please help....

Accepted answer

permanent link
Dusko Misic (1961) | answered Jul 03 '13, 12:22 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

This is a known defect. Please see CLM links with Doors as RM provider do not work (19742).

In a nutshell, using RSA Eclipse Client, user can only view existing links to artifacts in DOORS. User cannot create or delete those links; that has to be done through web UI.
Jason Hamilton selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Jason Hamilton commented Jul 03 '13, 12:45 p.m.

We had went with RDM instead of SODIUS MD-CONNECT because we were told that with RSA 8.5, RDM, and DOORS 9.4, we would be able to map requirements from RSA to DOORS.  Doing this in the Design Manager web environment is way to cumbersome in a development environment.  Do you know a time-frame that you think this may be fixed?

Thanks

Jason 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.