It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Register application wizard doesn't automatically detect /dm, why?

Pritesh Patel (12246) | asked Apr 16 '13, 1:37 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

I recently installed DM 4.0, however when I go the the setup wizard, I do not see /dm mentioned. I see /rm, /ccm, etc but the /dm is not listed.

I have CLM 4.0.1 installed and was wondering whether the issue could be due to the version mix, whereby, one cannot have a 4.0 and 4.0.1 version mixed. Any thoughts?

If having mixed version is OK, then does anyone know what I may do to get /dm as a registered application?

Many thanks,
Pritesh...

Accepted answer

permanent link
Anthony Hunter (4623) | answered Apr 16 '13, 5:31 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
We strongly recommend that we keep the versions synchronized. So if you are installing CLM 4.0.1 which includes Jazz Team Server 4.0.1, then you should also install DM 4.0.1.

That being said the older DM 4.0 should run on Jazz Team Server 4.0.1 and the applications should have appeared automatically.

I suspect that when you installed CLM 4.0.1 and DM 4.0 separately, they were installed into different package groups with IBM Installation Manager and as a result into separate web application instances.

At the Register Application page, Jazz Team Server will only automatically find applications that are installed into the same configuration folder. If you look in JAZZ_HOME/server/conf, you will find the various folders for CLM (admin, ccm, jts, etc). If you install info the same package group, all the applications will be installed into the same configuration folder and Register Application will be able to see JAZZ_HOME/server/conf/dm and the other applications.

Cheers...
Anthony
Pritesh Patel selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Pritesh Patel commented Apr 17 '13, 4:25 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Ta Anthony.

Bo Chulindra commented Apr 17 '13, 5:37 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Note that if you are running in Tomcat, Tomcat will also only run the apps that are installed in the server/conf it is associated with (and that have a .war file in tomcat/webapps). DM is not running in your CLM's Tomcat server if it is installed in a different location.

So if you want to run CLM and DM in the same server, you either have to reinstall DM into the same package group as CLM (should stop the server first) or you will have to manually merge DM into CLM (I wouldn't recommend this unless you know what you're doing).

Another option is to launch a second Tomcat server with DM, but you will have to change the ports so it doesn't conflict with the first Tomcat server.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.