It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Single Attribute Validation

Alex Triffitt (611) | asked May 10 '12, 6:06 a.m.
Hi All,

I have setup a regexp Validator on a custom attribute, and I would like to prevent users from saving the work item if this attribute is invalid. I know I can add the precondition of "Attribute Validation" but that validates all attributes, can this precondition be added on a per attribute basis?

Many thanks,

Alex

One answer

permanent link
Shashank Balasubramanian (1361) | answered May 10 '12, 1:31 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I do not think that there is a way to specify a validation precondition on a per attribute basis. The purpose of using an 'Attribute Validation' is to ensure that all rules that you have defined for the attributes are checked on 'Save'. It depends on how many rules you have configured for how many attributes.

Hope that helps

Shashank
RTC - Tracking and Planning

Hi All,

I have setup a regexp Validator on a custom attribute, and I would like to prevent users from saving the work item if this attribute is invalid. I know I can add the precondition of "Attribute Validation" but that validates all attributes, can this precondition be added on a per attribute basis?

Many thanks,

Alex

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.