It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

web.xml changes needed for CCM on Tomcat with LDAP?

Ron De Jong (7885) | asked Dec 01 '10, 7:32 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I'm setting up a VM with the latest GA CLM products (RRC/RQM v2 & RTC 3) on Tomcat. The final step I did was connect them all to LDAP. I'm using Rational Directory Service as an LDAP server, because I find that easiest to test with (I'm open to suggestions!).

The RQM and RRC setup on Tomcat with LDAP went smoothly, but I had some trouble with RTC. From the instructions I understand that it should be enough to only change the web.xml for the JTS app, but when I did that, I could not get into RTC or finish the setup steps for CCM (JTS steps work fine). After I made the same changes to the web.xml for CCM, everything worked fine.

Is this correct?

One answer

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered Dec 01 '10, 1:55 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I'm setting up a VM with the latest GA CLM products (RRC/RQM v2 & RTC 3) on Tomcat. The final step I did was connect them all to LDAP. I'm using Rational Directory Service as an LDAP server, because I find that easiest to test with (I'm open to suggestions!).

The RQM and RRC setup on Tomcat with LDAP went smoothly, but I had some trouble with RTC. From the instructions I understand that it should be enough to only change the web.xml for the JTS app, but when I did that, I could not get into RTC or finish the setup steps for CCM (JTS steps work fine). After I made the same changes to the web.xml for CCM, everything worked fine.

Is this correct?

It may be - I thought that authenication gets routed via the JTS now, but I could be wrong.

As you may have gathered, the ccm app is actually RTC (or rather the parts of RTC not already installed when you installed the jts app). RTC is now ccm+jts.

regards

anthony

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.