It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Show originating workspace in history view

Daan van der Munnik (29113127) | asked Mar 09 '08, 9:48 a.m.
The new merge info in M5 looks great.

Would it also be possible to show a column in the history view with the name of the originating workspace ?

regards

Daan.

3 answers

permanent link
Daan van der Munnik (29113127) | answered Mar 11 '08, 11:25 a.m.
Let me clarify this a little more.

What we are looking for is a way to follow a change-set as it flows from workspace to stream (and between streams using an intermediate workspace).

A history view of a workspace or stream, showing the accept/deliver actions, might be a way to make this visible.

(provided that this kind of info is kept in the repository)

regards

Daan.

permanent link
Jean-Michel Lemieux (2.5k11) | answered Mar 14 '08, 2:47 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
We don't track the origin of change-sets, since they can come from anywhere really. For example, today you can accept them from a work item, from a stream, from someone elses repo workspace, and someday from a chat-message or a mail attachement.

What we can do as of M5 is show where a change-set has flowed. We use this quite often to follow change-sets through the flow hierarchy. Run the "Locate in..." action on a change-set and pick the option to search the flow targets.

Cheers,
Jean-Michel
Jazz Source Control Team

permanent link
Daan van der Munnik (29113127) | answered Mar 14 '08, 6:06 a.m.
We don't track the origin of change-sets, since they can come from anywhere really

I realized this after my initial posting. However it would be great addition to have a history view on workspaces and streams (which currently do not have a history view), which shows all accept and deliver actions on a particular workspace or stream (optionally including the origin/target of each accept/deliver).

(I tried the "locate in" which is nice, but shows it from a change-set perspective. Also selecting all flow targets to search is quite cumbersome)

regards

Daan.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.