It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Workitem Approvals via mails

VK L (8177154159) | asked Apr 30 '12, 12:35 a.m.
Hi All,
Is it possible to automate workitem approvals via mails instead of having to login to the RTC and approve?

Say, i want to approve a workitem by replying to the automated mail.I found this as an enhancement workitem: https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=50720, but do not find any update.

I also read about cm-logic;s mail reader plugin. Would this be useful in this scenario?

9 answers

permanent link
Manoj Panda (39336662) | answered Apr 30 '12, 4:11 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Approving directly by email , may not be right way to do. Because of security issues.

Its always suggested, when some one has been designated as approver, the person should log in with his credential and check what has to be approve,and then approve.

E-Signature is also another functionality you can use.

permanent link
VK L (8177154159) | answered Apr 30 '12, 6:13 a.m.
Hi Manoj,
The scenario is like, we cannot ask certain ppl at management level to login and approve, and would be easier for them to do it by mails rather than having to login everytime. Securitywise, it can be taken care by other means - like, we will consider replies to the approval notification mails itself and would like to take it from there. Pls let me know how we can do automatic approvals through reply mails (replies to approval notification)?

Approving directly by email , may not be right way to do. Because of security issues.

Its always suggested, when some one has been designated as approver, the person should log in with his credential and check what has to be approve,and then approve.

E-Signature is also another functionality you can use.

permanent link
Suneetha Kolla (16) | answered Apr 30 '12, 6:39 a.m.
hi ,
Is there any way we can automatically subscribe to work items instead of adding 1or more subscriber(s) .
For example when I am opening a defect in new status I want to add subscribers as Group1(P1,P2,P3 are members of group) by default.So email should go to P1,P2,P3 automatically instead of adding group email id or P1,P2 or P3 email ids in subscriber section.

Thanks & Regards,
Suneetha

permanent link
VK L (8177154159) | answered Apr 30 '12, 6:50 a.m.
Hi Suneetha,
This would be possible by using API Plugins on the workitem save operation - you can customize it on a specific workitem type, say the defect in your case.

hi ,
Is there any way we can automatically subscribe to work items instead of adding 1or more subscriber(s) .
For example when I am opening a defect in new status I want to add subscribers as Group1(P1,P2,P3 are members of group) by default.So email should go to P1,P2,P3 automatically instead of adding group email id or P1,P2 or P3 email ids in subscriber section.

Thanks & Regards,
Suneetha

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Apr 30 '12, 5:07 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Work item 50720 is for adding comments via email. Although it has not been implemented as part of core RTC, there are add-ons you can provide from third parties that will do this for you. For example:
http://www.cm-logic.com/jazzconnect-email.html

But this does not provide work item approval via email. I have submitted work item 209464, requesting this functionality.

Cheers,
Geoff

Hi All,
Is it possible to automate workitem approvals via mails instead of having to login to the RTC and approve?

Say, i want to approve a workitem by replying to the automated mail.I found this as an enhancement workitem: https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=50720, but do not find any update.

I also read about cm-logic;s mail reader plugin. Would this be useful in this scenario?

permanent link
Suneetha Kolla (16) | answered May 02 '12, 1:40 a.m.
Hi Valli,
Thanks for the response. But I am pretty new to RTC .Can you point me to how to customize workitems using API plugins.
Thanks,
Suneetha

Hi Suneetha,
This would be possible by using API Plugins on the workitem save operation - you can customize it on a specific workitem type, say the defect in your case.

hi ,

Thanks & Regards,
Suneetha

permanent link
VK L (8177154159) | answered May 03 '12, 1:48 a.m.
Hi Suneetha,
There are articles on extending RTC. Please follow the mentioned steps. it should help. Some links are:

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/mydeveloperworks/blogs/extendingrtc/entry/preparing_for_extending_3of3?lang=en

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/mydeveloperworks/blogs/extendingrtc/entry/checksummaryadvisor?lang=en

Hi Valli,
Thanks for the response. But I am pretty new to RTC .Can you point me to how to customize workitems using API plugins.
Thanks,
Suneetha

Hi Suneetha,

hi ,

Thanks & Regards,
Suneetha

permanent link
Suneetha Kolla (16) | answered May 10 '12, 10:17 a.m.
Hi,
I am in RTC 3.0.1 web client .Can some one suggest how to make some fields like dropdown boxes (enumerations) and text boxes make mandatory while creating/modifying work item screen.Here the work item I am referring is created for our project. Not the default one comes by default.
THxs,
Suneetha

permanent link
VK L (8177154159) | answered May 10 '12, 11:03 a.m.
There's a required attributes pre-condition and you can modify this in the process configuration template under team config-> operation behaviour section

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.