It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Alternatives Evaluation | Migrating to SCRUM template

Jorgefelix Siverio (7621414) | asked Jan 31 '12, 11:08 a.m.
Good Morning Everyone,

I am currently trying to identify the possible options for my project to start utilizing the SCRUM template in RTC.

A bit of background - We successfully migrated 2,500 requirements, 1,000 test cases, and 200 test suites from legacy ReqPro, ClearCase, ClearQuest, Manual Tester, and CQTM into Jazz 3.0.1.1. We used the formal project management template when we created the lifecycle project.

We have now decided that we want to start using the SCRUM template and would like to explore our various options. We have active/unresolved CRs and Defects which we would need "migrated" to the new project area.

At this point, I feel that this is a bit over my head and am turning to this community in hopes of gaining some insight into how we can get this done.

Thanks so much for your help.

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.4k33646) | answered Feb 13 '12, 10:43 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi, I have never tried this myself, so I have no practical experience. I would like to suggest you try this in a separate test environment.

Do develop a procedure I would try to associate a new project area based on scrum to the lifecycle project, set categories, teams and timelines etc. You could set permissions, roles etc.

You could copy over the scm and build data using this approach https://jazz.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=22478 .

For the work items there is a - unfortunately manual, one by one, option to copy or move them to the new project area. Please check that the state of the work items and other attributes go over with the right values. I am not sure if there are differences in the work flows.

Somewhere in the process you could restrict write access to the old project.

Finally you would have to look into the lifecycle project, and check that the relationships are all available for the new project.

This is how i would start evaluating such a process.

permanent link
Joseph Simon Arokiaraj (21414845) | answered Feb 17 '12, 5:39 a.m.
Hi,

Out of the box, you can use scrum template and it has lots of valuable predefined work item. You need to go through the work item and map the attribute name with your extrated defects on the spreadsheet.

For larger enterprise project, you can use Agile@scale template.

Cheers,
Jose

Good Morning Everyone,

I am currently trying to identify the possible options for my project to start utilizing the SCRUM template in RTC.

A bit of background - We successfully migrated 2,500 requirements, 1,000 test cases, and 200 test suites from legacy ReqPro, ClearCase, ClearQuest, Manual Tester, and CQTM into Jazz 3.0.1.1. We used the formal project management template when we created the lifecycle project.

We have now decided that we want to start using the SCRUM template and would like to explore our various options. We have active/unresolved CRs and Defects which we would need "migrated" to the new project area.

At this point, I feel that this is a bit over my head and am turning to this community in hopes of gaining some insight into how we can get this done.

Thanks so much for your help.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.