It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

jenkinsfile not found in pipilene from SCM RTC

Neelima Tarigopula (1111) | asked Feb 12 '19, 4:25 p.m.

Hi,

I have created pipeline project and pipeline code from RTC SCM .i am using teamconcert plugin for this.

i could load the project from stream and success.
But while getting Jenkinsfile from SCM ,it was giving me this error and build fails.

has any body idea or encountered this before.Appreciate help.
Started by user admin
Checking out teamconcert-https://host:9443/ccm/-RTC BuildToolKit 6.0 into C:\Users\scout.jenkins\workspace\jenkinsfilescm@script to read SnapCalcCommon\Jenkinsfile
RTC : checkout...
Deleted repository workspace "HJP_1550002114075".
ERROR: C:\Users\scout.jenkins\workspace\jenkinsfilescm@script\SnapCalcCommon\Jenkinsfile not found
Finished: FAILURE

Comments
Lakshmi Narasimhan T V commented Sep 30 '19, 2:50 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Please note that Team Concert Plugin does not support lightweight checkout yet.Also, can you check if you load the stream through a repository workspace in your machine, you see the Jenkinsfile at SnapCalcCommon\Jenkinsfile relative to the root of the sandbox?

One answer

permanent link
Richard Good (872159) | answered Sep 30 '19, 2:41 a.m.
edited Sep 30 '19, 2:41 a.m.

This is usually because you have set a load directory on the build definition in RTC. For builds where jenkins is the build engine that should always be set to a "full stop" which means Jenkins uses the workspace directory it created when you setup the job in the first place, Jenkins won't know where to look for the jenkinsFile if you point it somewhere else. IBM should grey out the Load Directory when a jenkins build is selected I think, as this is a hole  lots of people have probably fallen in. Other than that you just need to check you have set the right location within Jenkins, when you get the failure go look for the file and you will probably discover a syntax error...

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.