It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

using scm tools, how do I load a earlier baseline of a component in the workspace

Rama SCM (4111320) | asked Apr 27 '15, 12:06 p.m.
 Hi,

In RTC 5.0.1 using scm tools, how do I load a earlier baseline of a component in the workspace? I have multiple component in a stream but I load only one component in workspace and there are no snapshots.

Thanks for your help!

Rama

Accepted answer

permanent link
Lily Wang (4.9k714) | answered Apr 27 '15, 9:07 p.m.
Hi Rama,
To load the source files from an earlier baseline, you need to use "scm set component" command to replace the component from the workspace using that baseline, then you can load the component.
Please refer to http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_5.0.0/com.ibm.team.scm.doc/topics/set_component.html?lang=en for the "scm set component" command usage.
Rama SCM selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Rama SCM commented Apr 29 '15, 3:03 p.m. | edited Apr 29 '15, 3:04 p.m.

Thanks Lily!

However, this need me to replace the snapshot and not the specific baseline. Even though I load one component in my workspace. 
replace-type Type of the item to replace. One of: "workspace", "stream", or "snapshot"

I was able achieve it by creating a new stream, loading the specific component (with specific baseline) and then creating the workspace on that stream. Not sure if there is a better way to do that.

Thanks!
Rama

Lily Wang commented Apr 29 '15, 7:55 p.m.

You can use the command to replace a baseline. The command should be:
scm set component -b <baseline-to-replace> <your-workspace> workspace <your-workspace> <component>

Rama SCM commented May 01 '15, 12:04 p.m.

Thanks for your help Lily!!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.