It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to change Insight instance hostname?

Timur Markunin (6495166146) | asked Apr 04 '12, 1:07 p.m.
Hello,

I've created cloud image of my Rational Insight instance. I've created instance of this image which has new hostname.

Configutation Manager and Report server don't work. Configuration Manager shows "CAM-CRP-1280" error.

Any ideas how I could force Insight work with new hostname?

-thanks in advance

-Timur

3 answers

permanent link
Hopeshared Lee (1121) | answered Apr 05 '12, 9:27 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
"Configutation Manager" do you refer to Cognos Configuration? If yes, try to change the URLs in Cognos Configuration to be the new hostname.

Have you checked the database system on this instance? Rename hostname may cause a database issue, which you need to fix first.

Hello,

I've created cloud image of my Rational Insight instance. I've created instance of this image which has new hostname.

Configutation Manager and Report server don't work. Configuration Manager shows "CAM-CRP-1280" error.

Any ideas how I could force Insight work with new hostname?

-thanks in advance

-Timur

permanent link
Timur Markunin (6495166146) | answered Apr 05 '12, 9:41 a.m.
Hello Hopeshared!

I've fixed this issue for DB2 but still don't know what should be changed in Cognos.

I meant IBM Cognos Configuration tool. I couldn't lunch it. It shows this error message and then it closes.

-thanks in advance

permanent link
Hopeshared Lee (1121) | answered Apr 12 '12, 2:52 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
You have to change:
Gateway URI
Dispatcher URIs for gateway
External dispatcher URI
Internal dispatcher URI
Dispatcher URI for external applications
Content Manager URIs

And the Content Store information.

If you get "CAM-CRP-1095 Unable to find the encryption certificate ..." error when save the changes. Go on save it as plain text.
Then go to <Install>\cognos\configuration
back up folder signkeypair, csk, encryptkeypair, then delete the 3 folders
Launch Cognos Configuration again, click save button directly.

Hello Hopeshared!

I've fixed this issue for DB2 but still don't know what should be changed in Cognos.

I meant IBM Cognos Configuration tool. I couldn't lunch it. It shows this error message and then it closes.

-thanks in advance

Comments
Leonardo Marzo commented Jul 20 '13, 10:16 a.m.

I get the error Unable to find the encryption certificate too. I tried with your solution Hopeshared but I'm not able to launch cogconfig.sh because the same error message is shown. 

Do you know how to solve this? I'll really appreciate your help

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.