It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can I deploy required .ear file into existing WAS with Jazz?

Takehiko Amano (1.3k3741) | asked Jan 26 '11, 11:20 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Can I deploy required (Cognos) .ear file into existing WAS which serves as Jazz based products ?

Suppose I have WAS instance (AppSrv01). This server host RTC3.0 .war file (JTS/CCM applications). Now I'd like to add .ear to host Insight reporting server as well. It seems there is less conflict with Java setting.

5 answers

permanent link
Lawrence Mandel (51121) | answered Jan 27 '11, 10:35 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR
Hi Takehiko,

Yes. This is possible by following the manual configuration steps. Note that there is more to do than simply deploying the EAR. You need to set some environment entries in WAS as well. Details can be found by selecting the manual installation options on the following page:

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rentrpt/v1r0m1/topic/com.ibm.rational.raer.deploying.doc/topics/t_postreq_reportalserver_db2isdw_repservISwas.html

permanent link
Takehiko Amano (1.3k3741) | answered Jan 28 '11, 3:04 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Thanks for reply. I encountered a trouble in step "Building the report server enterprise archive (EAR) file".

Hi Takehiko,

Yes. This is possible by following the manual configuration steps. Note that there is more to do than simply deploying the EAR. You need to set some environment entries in WAS as well. Details can be found by selecting the manual installation options on the following page:

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rentrpt/v1r0m1/topic/com.ibm.rational.raer.deploying.doc/topics/t_postreq_reportalserver_db2isdw_repservISwas.html

In Step 4: Click Save and click Close. I see the message like as follows (translated from Japanese, so it may be different in English).

Tomcat configuration file update.
Port number used in 'DecisionStream SOAP Server URI' and external dispatcher URL must be the same.

I have another install of Rational Insight which is installed by default (i.e. WAS is installed via Installation Manager). When I run "IBM Cognos Configuration", I do not see "Tomcat" check when I click "Save" button.

So I suspect that there must be missing step to tell that we will use WebSphere in stead of Tomcat to actually save the configuration.

Do you have any idea, what is missing step ?

permanent link
Lawrence Mandel (51121) | answered Jan 28 '11, 9:36 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR
Hi Takehiko,

It is certainly possible that there is some Tomcat configuration as Cognos does bundle Tomcat even though Insight does not support Tomcat. I haven't seen this error before.

Are the port number used in 'DecisionStream SOAP Server URI' and external dispatcher URL the same? Can you save if you make them the same?

permanent link
Takehiko Amano (1.3k3741) | answered Jan 31 '11, 12:37 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Takehiko,

Are the port number used in 'DecisionStream SOAP Server URI' and external dispatcher URL the same? Can you save if you make them the same?

Yes, I can save if I set the same port number to external dispatcher URL. But this is contrary to setup document (i.e. Rational Insight V1.0.1 infocenter). I wonder how I can exclude Tomcat configuration during the save...

permanent link
Lawrence Mandel (51121) | answered Jan 31 '11, 1:33 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR
Hi Takehiko,

Rational Insight is deployed on WebSphere and as such does not need the Tomcat configuration information. Is the Tomcat configuration information visible? Can you simply remove it?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.