It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Cusomizing Cognos portlet in Rational insight

sasanuru kumar (3142319) | asked Oct 19 '10, 6:59 a.m.
Hi,

I have one issue to customizing background color for cognos portlet in Rational Insight. But there was no direct option to edit change the color for portlet. I have something to change the portlet background color for portlet using css file. Please help out from this issue.

I appreciate your great help in advance.

3 answers

permanent link
Lawrence Mandel (51121) | answered Oct 29 '10, 11:19 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR
Hi Sasanuru,

If you're looking to change the style of the Cognos application you can create your own Cognos theme by modifying the CSS files for the application directly. Here is a reference from the Cognos documentation:

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/c8bi/v8r4m0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.swg.im.cognos.ug_cra.8.4.0.doc/ug_cra_id27487style_sheet.html

permanent link
sasanuru kumar (3142319) | answered Nov 19 '10, 2:59 a.m.
Hi,

I have requirement to configure LDAPS ( via SSL) server in Cognos using Rational Insight. Please help out from this configuration and what are the steps to configure LDAPS in Cognos.

I appreciate your help in advance.

permanent link
Lawrence Mandel (51121) | answered Nov 19 '10, 10:02 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR
Hi Sasanuru,

Your second question is really a new topic. In general it is preferable to create a new top level topic when asking a new question in order to make it clear what the post is about and attract other interested readers.

To answer your question, here is a link to documentation that describes how to configure Cognos to use LDAP for authentication:

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/c8bi/v8r4m0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.swg.im.cognos.inst_cr_winux.8.4.0.doc/inst_cr_winux_id14601LDAPauthentication_process-element.html

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.