It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Creating Technical Debt Custom Report

Maruthi Latha (122) | asked Mar 26 '12, 1:50 a.m.
Hello,

I am trying to create Technical Debt custom report in RTC 3.0. I couldn't locate this. Can any one give some idea about this ?

Thanks in advance

4 answers

permanent link
Christophe Lucas (86234948) | answered Mar 26 '12, 4:16 p.m.
Hello,

I am trying to create Technical Debt custom report in RTC 3.0. I couldn't locate this. Can any one give some idea about this ?

Thanks in advance

Can you define more precisely what you mean by "Technical Debt" report ?

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k9186201) | answered Mar 29 '12, 1:05 p.m.
Hello,

Thanks in advance

I don't know the answer, but I've got an RTC project area that has this mystical monster and other's think it's the Cat's Meow and want to have it available. So far no amount of hunting has revealed the culpri, er originator of the template into the RTC project. So my secondary question is: How do I an RTC administrator excise that report design to be deployed elsewhere ?

Kevin

permanent link
Kamil Smoron (21) | answered Apr 03 '12, 3:22 a.m.
Hello,

Thanks in advance

I don't know the answer, but I've got an RTC project area that has this mystical monster and other's think it's the Cat's Meow and want to have it available. So far no amount of hunting has revealed the culpri, er originator of the template into the RTC project. So my secondary question is: How do I an RTC administrator excise that report design to be deployed elsewhere ?

Kevin

Hi,

It is a custom Birt report, which I have uploaded to RTC by creating a new Report Template in my team's project area. That is why it is not available anywhere else.

This particular report might not be that easy to transfer to different servers because it contains hardcoded datasources and queries.
Generally RTC allows you to customize the work flows and work items per project area, which makes more difficult to create the report once and deploy anywhere.

Kevin, per your second question, as an exercise you may check if you are able to locate the report design file on host rtp-rtc5, it is called: tcr_technical_debt.rptdesign - maybe RTC just stores the designs in plain format.

I will drop you an e-mail because that one particular report loosely correlates with "Using Team Concert".

Kamil

permanent link
Jackie Albert (1.6k14947) | answered Apr 04 '12, 11:15 p.m.
My team has created a custom technical debt report in Insight, so if you're using RRDI we could possibly export our report and you could import it. I don't have the BIRT solution previously mentioned, but thought I would share.

Comments
Shaveta Shaveta commented Apr 03 '13, 1:48 p.m.

Can you please post the report spec for the custom technical debt report created in Insight. Thanks!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.