It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

SVN dump import creates partial branches and miss few branches.

IMRAN MOHAMMED (111) | asked Mar 08 '17, 12:05 p.m.
edited Mar 10 '17, 8:08 a.m.

I have this same situation as mentioned in this question (ttps://jazz.net/forum/questions/118884/svn-importer-and-partial-baselines)

After importing trunk from SVN dump file:

1. I see some branches have (partial) post-fixed to the baseline created.
2. Baseline for some branches are not created at all.
3. Few tags from other project are also getting included.(I think this is because the current project was created from other project)

RTC Eclipse Client version : 5.0.2.

The code in our SVN has Multiple projects each project has its own (trunk, branches, tags) , the source code is directly under trunk  instead of a separate folder.

trunk / src  .classpath 
branches
tags

I tried doing subsequent import of branch  but getting the below error (when I don't select reconcile option)

!ENTRY com.ibm.team.scm.client.importz.svn 4 0 2017-03-07 16:12:06.755
!MESSAGE An error occurred importing 'Revision 8682: [<<userid>>] (10/17/13 11:27 AM) <<svn comment>>': Parent has multiple children with the name '<<somefile>>.properties'.
!STACK 0

If I do the subsequent import (Selecting Reconcile option)  of branch its creating a totally new baseline and the baselines with "(partial)" post-fixed are still there.

The code in the baseline also has a file  ".jazzignore" in few folders.

Questions:
1. Will the partial post-fix go after subsequent tag/branch import to same workspace where trunk was imported or it is just to include changesets.?
2. When I deliver the baselines will it generate baselines for component in the Stream or will just create change set ? (currently i only see change sets not baselines)
3. What is .jazzignore file for ?

Thanks for your help.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.