It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Cannot retrieve source file for shared RFT script

Éric Hamel (3353) | asked Nov 17 '11, 12:46 a.m.
retagged Jun 20 '12, 2:26 a.m. by Pramod Chandoria (2.1k11220)
Hi:

RQM 3.0.1.1, RFT 8.2.1 project copied into shared folder.

In RQM, I create a new test script, type Functional Tester, select "Use test resources from a shared location", browse to the script and save. So far, everything looks good.

Expand Source view section and click "Get file". According to "Creating a reference to an automated test script at a shared location" in the help file, step 12, "For Functional Test scripts, click Source View to view the source code of the test script.", I would expect something to happen (maybe a download of the file).

I have tried this on two separate installations of RQM and for both, nothing happens. It's like this button is not connected to anything. Am I doing something wrong?

And while we're at it, what is the purpose of the Test Plan and Test Milestone drop-downs next to the Get file button? I can speculate, but I cannot find any documentation on the real purpose for those.

Regards,

ric

One answer

permanent link
Robert Rassmann (9923) | answered Jun 25 '12, 3:19 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I'm not sure about "view source", but for the second question  a resource location can be associated to a test plan and to a milestone in the testplan.  If you have done that, selecting those fields is a way of limiting the scope of your search.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.