It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to view screen shots in RQM TERs of RFT scripts?

Rebecca Indla (132) | asked Mar 10 '17, 3:41 p.m.
edited Mar 13 '17, 5:34 a.m. by Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035)

Many times, the users who check the TERs in RQM of automated scripts from RFT cannot see the screen shots in RQM. The RFT detailed logs don't open in RQM if RFT is not installed on the same server. Is there a way to export RFT logs to RQM in a different format (.pdf maybe) or is there a way to generate screen shots in RQM report itself along with the test results and verification point results?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21114139) | answered Mar 12 '17, 10:49 p.m.

Hi, Rebecca

Although you can export RQM result to a pdf file but there is no image included.
If you have enabled RFT step screen capture during playback, then you may try:

1) download detailed log in RQM as log.rftlog.
2) rename this file to log.zip and unzip this file, you should be able to see step screenshots
rational_ft_userxx.jpg files.
3) open Rational Functional Tester Simple Log in RQM and you should see each step's related screen capture name and using the above 2)'s jpg files, you would have those details

I think this may workaround the problem for the users who can not view the log files with step's screenshots without RFT.

Rebecca Indla selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Rebecca Indla commented Mar 13 '17, 11:20 a.m.

Hi Don,

Thank you so much for your detailed response. I do have screen shots getting displayed in the detailed RFT log file. I was hoping to have screen shots displayed as part of the TER itself in RQM. I did try renaming to log.zip and unzipping, it does extract the individual images, but doesn't show me the images as part of one consolidated report in RQM(TER) for users to view (who don't have RFT installed on same machine).

Don Yang commented Mar 14 '17, 12:37 a.m.

I am not aware of any better way and don't think there is 'one consolidated report in RQM(TER)' with images in it. What I provided is a 'workaround' for the users who don't have RFT on the same machine and want to view the screenshots captured in the playback by using simple log option and referring to the images elsewhere(in a unzipped log)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.