It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What version of RFT is compatible with RQM 3.0.1?

Maria Victoria Martinez Torino (14924459) | asked Nov 10 '11, 11:18 a.m.
retagged Jun 20 '12, 1:10 a.m. by Pramod Chandoria (2.1k11220)
Hi,

Does anyone know what version of Rational Functional Tester (RFT) is compatible with RQM 3.0.1?

Can you also please provide me an URL from which to download RFT?

Thanks!

7 answers

permanent link
Patrick Van Zandt (1.2k1) | answered Nov 10 '11, 10:08 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi @mvmtori,

As per System Requirements for Rational Quality Manager 3.0.1.x, QM 3.0.1 is compatible with Rational Functional Tester (RFT) 8.2 and above.

I highly recommend using RFT 8.2.1 and above. RFT 8.2.0.x used the QM 2.x adapter libraries; RFT 8.2.1 consumes the QM 3.x adapter libraries. Both should work (and are supported by IBM), but the chances of problems are much lower if you use RFT 8.2.1 and above.

You can download RFT from all the standard channels for non-Jazz IBM Rational Software products, namely:
* If you have already purchased RFT: IBM Passport Advantage Online
* IBM internal use copies (IBM employees only): Software Sellers Workplace Software Downloads
* For an evaluation/trial copy: IBM Rational trial downloads

Note that the binaries at the above 3 links are identical, so (for example) you can download a evaluation copy of RFT from the Rational trial downloads site and later configure it to be a "purchased" copy by pointing it to a Rational license server with RFT floating licenses or by importing an RFT authorized user license (activation kit).

Cheers,
Patrick

permanent link
Jason Olivers (6) | answered Nov 10 '11, 10:32 p.m.
@mvmtori: agree with pat. it worked for me also when i used RFT 8.2.1. have not tried higher versions tho.

permanent link
Maria Victoria Martinez Torino (14924459) | answered Nov 11 '11, 12:59 p.m.
Thank you Patrick!

I downloaded RFT 8.2 - higher versions seem not to be available in "Software Sellers Workplace Software Downloads" yet.

We'll see how it goes with this version...

Cheers,

Victoria.

permanent link
Patrick Van Zandt (1.2k1) | answered Nov 11 '11, 3:42 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I downloaded RFT 8.2 - higher versions seem not to be available in "Software Sellers Workplace Software Downloads" yet.

Hi Victoria,

RFT 8.2.1 shipped as a fixpack install only. In other words, there is no direct install to 8.2.1; you need install 8.2 and then apply the 8.2.1 fixpack on top of it. Fixpacks never show up in "Software Sellers Workplace Software Downloads" or IBM Passport Advantage Online; they are accessible via public (IBM.com) pages.

Here's the link to download the RFT 8.2.1 fixpack:
IBM Rational Functional Tester Version 8.2.1

FYI -- If you add BOTH the 8.2 install disk AND the 8.2.1 fixpack disk in "Installation Manager > File > Preferences > Repositories", IM will stitch them together to enable a 1-pass installation directly to 8.2.1.

Additional FYI -- if you have internet access from your machine, there is no need to download 8.2.1. Just enable "Search Service Repositories" in "Installation Manager > File > Preferences > Repositories", then use the "Update" button in IBM Installation Manager and it will automatically pick up and download the 8.2.1 fixpack. Or if doing a new install (i.e. you haven't installed 8.2 yet), click the "search for other versions and extensions" button during installation and IM will pick up the 8.2.1 fixpack from the service repository.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Patrick

permanent link
Maria Victoria Martinez Torino (14924459) | answered Jan 04 '12, 9:41 a.m.
Hi, after installing RFT 8.2.1, most of the Configure menu options don't work (i.e. Configure Application for Testing, Enable Environments for Testing) whereas they were working on RFT 8.2 version.

Also, the Verification Point feature doesn't work very well when recording a Functional Test Script (i.e selecting Data grid option) - I've tried several times to insert the VP but when I clicked on the Finish button on the Verification Point or Action Command window, nothing seems to happen =(

Does anyone help me to solve these problems? I am also trying to find a good RFT forum for more RFT guidance.

Thanks in advance.

permanent link
Patrick Van Zandt (1.2k1) | answered Jan 04 '12, 11:49 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I am also trying to find a good RFT forum for more RFT guidance.

I recommend posting in the Functional and GUI Testing forum on IBM developerWorks.

permanent link
Maria Victoria Martinez Torino (14924459) | answered Jan 04 '12, 1:00 p.m.
Thanks Patrick. I already did it :D

Waiting for a response there.

Cheers,

Victoria.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.