It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Test Cases are executing the associated RFT script twice

Ken Murphy (1033436) | asked Oct 11 '12, 4:56 p.m.
When we execute a test case in RQM that has an associated RFT test script, the test script runs through twice.

Test cases are associated to a Test Plan. Each test case has one manual script and one RFT script associated to it. At execution, it doesn't matter whether we select a pre-existing Test Case Execution Record (TER) to select the New option. We are using RTC SCM for source control of the RFT scripts.

We run the test case. The appropriate TER option, the RFT script, and the RFT adapter local to the machine on which the test is initiated are all selected. The AUT (a browser application) displays and the associated RFT test script runs through to completion. Then the AUT closes, re-opens, and the test script runs through to completion again.  No errors or warnings are displayed.

I have reviewed the test plan, the test cases, the test scripts, the RQM shared resource property, and all other RQM project properties and do not see anything obvious. Has anyone else seen anything like this before?

One answer

permanent link
Pramod Chandoria (2.1k11220) | answered Oct 12 '12, 5:07 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Can you check message in RFT Adapter console. It shows a message upon each execution request. If it shows 2 time messages then probably problem is outside RFT. But if you see only single message then probably something is messes up with RFT script or environment.

Comments
Ken Murphy commented Oct 15 '12, 10:21 a.m.

Thanks, Pramod.  I executed a test script again and checked the RFT Adapter console.  It only shows one execution request, as expected.  However, I'm still stumped.  If I execute the test script from within RFT, it only executes once.

Does you or anyone else have any ideas?

Pramod Chandoria commented Oct 16 '12, 3:14 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

This sounds weird and probably specific to some condition. Please work with support

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.