It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Client for Eclipse IDE (Extension Install)

Manoj Panda (39346762) | asked Nov 04 '11, 1:59 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
retagged Mar 31 '17, 1:39 p.m. by Ken Tessier (84117)

What is the Client for Eclipse IDE (Extension Install). When it should be install and use. What could be the difference between "Client for Eclipse IDE" and "Client for Eclipse IDE (Extension Install)"

2 answers

permanent link
Josh Crawford (984615) | answered Apr 30 '13, 3:12 p.m.
 Hi Manoj, not sure if you got this one answered yet, but I believe this terminology was changed to the p2 installer on the all downloads page.  The extension install allows you to install the RTC plugin into an existing eclipse instance of your choice whereas the Client for Eclipse IDE already comes installed into eclipse.  The extension install comes in handy if there is a particular version of eclipse you want to use or if you require certain eclipse tool (JEE, CPP, Java etc.)

Comments
Manoj Panda commented May 02 '13, 5:42 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hello Josh,

If you see the URL https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/4.0.2?p=allDownloads   there are Eclipse IDE (Extension Install) as well as P2 Installation Repository.  So  What installation is used for what purpose???

Josh Crawford commented May 02 '13, 9:18 a.m.

Hi Manoj,  I pulled down the bits and when you go to install with installation manager we see:
"The Rational Team Concert - Client Extension allows the latest Rational Team Concert 4.x client to be installed into Eclipse 3.6 based Rational products" 

As we progress through the install installation manager allows you to select another package group for an eclipse based product (Like RAD\RFT\RSA) , we are not prompted with the option to extend an exisiting standalone eclipse client so it's differerent from the P2 installer in that respect. 

permanent link
Pablo K (29312) | answered Mar 31 '17, 4:49 a.m.

Hi Josh, I came across to this and still for 6.0.2 version we have the P2 installation repository, and the Extension install.

I just a need to connect to RTC via my existing eclipse client (4.6.3). 

which download should I use?

thanks in  advance,

Comments
Pablo K commented Mar 31 '17, 5:02 a.m.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.