It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

ClearCase Bridge

T M (8878188143) | asked Oct 11 '11, 11:05 a.m.
RTC 3.0.1
CC 7.1.2

I have installed RTC Eclipse Client. I need to install CCRC in the same eclipse shell as RTC Eclipse client. When installing CCRC I can't choose RTC package as it doesn't allow to co-exist. So the package that was created and used was RationalSDLC. Now how do I use the CC bridge. The integration hasn't happened? Am I missing anything here?

Thanks!

6 answers

permanent link
Masabumi koinuma (46115) | answered Oct 12 '11, 12:55 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello,

There is a known issue for the installation through update site : Cannot install RTC Eclipse Client and CCRC Eclipse Client into the same Eclipse IDE., which is fixed in upcoming patch releases.
A simple workaround is to install RTC 3.0.1 and CCRC 7.1.2.* Extension offering via IBM Installation Manager. This tip can assist you : Tip: Installing the Rational ClearCase Bridge to Rational Team Concert

permanent link
T M (8878188143) | answered Oct 12 '11, 9:00 a.m.
Thanks for the response. I checked the link. From where I can download the CCRC extension (as in the screen-shot in the link)?

Thanks!

permanent link
Masabumi koinuma (46115) | answered Oct 12 '11, 9:27 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The CCRC extension is downloadable from Passport Advantage site, or from 7.1.2.* fix pack release sites. This link is 7.1.2.4 fix pack release page:
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg24030758
Thanks for the response. I checked the link. From where I can download the CCRC extension (as in the screen-shot in the link)?

Thanks!

permanent link
T M (8878188143) | answered Oct 12 '11, 11:04 a.m.
Thanks again! What is the difference between CCRC extension pack and the SCM Adaptor? Which one should I be using for the ClearCase bridge?

Thanks!

permanent link
Masabumi koinuma (46115) | answered Oct 12 '11, 11:15 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
yw. You can ask the detailed difference at Rational ClearCase's documentation/forum, but the primary difference is that CCRC is for Web view whereas SCM Adapter is for dynamic view. Also, a new client 'ClearTeam Explorer' is available in ClearCase 8.0, and it supports both web and dynamic views.
Thanks again! What is the difference between CCRC extension pack and the SCM Adaptor? Which one should I be using for the ClearCase bridge?

Thanks!

permanent link
T M (8878188143) | answered Oct 16 '11, 2:32 a.m.
I could able to download the CCRC extension pack and get the CC bridge working!

Thanks!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.